(a Virtual Seminar Series)
Leverage language and speech to inspire others and instill confidence.
Who Should Attend
Senior and developing leaders seeking to move into higher levels of management. Appropriate titles include Senior Vice President, Vice President, Second Vice President, Assistant Vice President, Director and other manager titles. Participants in company sponsored Leadership Development programs, Fast Track programs, and individuals recently promoted into higher levels of leadership are also ideal candidates.
Tuning the Voice of Leadership is a series of three interactive teleseminars accompanied by topical podcasts designed for upwardly mobile leaders. This series is valuable for leaders who frequently conduct business via conference calls, create voice-based messages using voicemail or podcasts, and are called upon to speak extemporaneously in various settings. Using and refining your own business specific material, participants discover ways to strengthen verbal communication effectiveness, including content and delivery. One-to-one telecoaching is available as an additional interactive learning tool.
Module 1: Developing messages
- Framing and providing conceptual or strategic context
- Identifying and managing key messages
- Organizing information and drawing connections
Module 2: Optimizing voice and speech
- Understanding proper vocal production
- Projecting a virtual presence
Module 3: Leveraging language
- Recognizing and leveraging linguistic style and communication patterns
- Using the language of leadership
Each Module includes:
- One 10-15 minute podcast (assigned as pre-work)
- One 60-90 minute interactive teleseminar (audio-taped for subsequent review)
- A PowerPoint presentation of key concepts
- Tip sheets & checklists
- Private Social Networking forums, topic blogs or working material (assigned as follow-up and/or pre-work to next session)
Upon completion of the series, participants may schedule individual 30–60 minute telecoaching sessions to focus on course topics that they would like to strengthen and develop further, e.g. messaging, voice, language, linguistic pattern, virtual presence, etc.
- Develop key messages and use language to inspire your organization and gain support for your vision and objectives.
- Leverage communication patterns to strengthen perceptions of your leadership capabilities and create connections with others.
- Optimize your speaking voice to command authority and instill confidence.
- Cost effective and convenient.